Reducing customer losses by as little as 5% per year increases profits by more than 30% per year.
That’s right, simply concentrating on reactivating old customers alone can double your profits in 3 years.
And it’s simple to do.
Here are 33 ways you can keep improve your customer retention:
- Excel At Customer Service
- Treat them like royalty
- Deliver More Than They Expected
- Know Your Costumers Well And Make sure They Know You Well
- Communicate well and often.
- Planned communications
- Listen and act
- Phone Call Contacts
- Client entertaining
- Thank them often
Longer term deals
- Use Service Contracts
- Retainers Or Contracts
- Till Further Notice Arrangement
- Prearrange Future Sales
- Upgrade contracts.
- Take Trade-Ins
- Jack Up Their Credit
- Explain Additional Benefits, uses
- Keep The Direct Mail Coming
- Maintenance contracts
- Joint ventures
- Strategic partnerships
- Provide consultancy on your services
- Sell consumables
- Invite Customers To Take a Stake in Your Business
- Implement A Customer Reactivation Program
- Invite Them Back
- Sales model
- Train For Repeat Selling Behaviour
- Free Trial Offers
- Unadvertised Sales
- Promotional Premiums
I am not suggesting that you should try to implement all of these ideas. Work out your marketing strategy and stick to it. Choose 3 or 4 ideas, form your plan and stick to it.
Of course, its even better if you can generate more profits from your customers.
You can learn a lot from your competitors too.